I had ovarian cancer, and then it mataticized to the colon and I had inches cut out of the colon . (l also had a stem-cell transplant with Michelle Donato at MDA ) Ever since I have been constipated and I do take stool softner and eat lots of fiber . I have recently taken MOM, it does the trick, but I go to diaarhea and it's uncomfortable. Then I stopped up again - I drink lots of water, eat fiber, etc. any other suggestions?? thanks
1) How much stool softener do you take. You may not be taking enough and you can take up to 500 mg. per day.
2) How much fluid do you drink? Even if you take 2 quarts, you may need more secondary to excessive sweating in this weather.
3) You eat lots of fiber, but are you getting "bulk forming"fiber vs. soluble fiber? You may need medicinal bulk forming fiber lie 1 Tablespoon of Metamucil or Citrucel in 8 ounces of water followed immediately by 8 more ounces of water daily.
4) Are you taking any constipating medicines? If so, you need to offset them with medicine to correct the side effects of those drugs. This would include stool softeners up to 500mg. per day and up to 8 senna per day.
5) How much MOM did you take? Since you got diarrhea from it, maybe prunes or prune juice is all you need to initiate a bowel movement.
I hope this helps. If you need more assistance you can reach me at 713-792-6012.