Sign up for a WebBoard account Sign Up Keyword Search Search Calendar Calendar More Options... Options
Chat Rooms Chat Help Help News News Log in to WebBoard Log in Not Logged in
Show tree view Topic
Go to next topicNext Topic
Author Message

I am a cancer patient and I am 45. Due to the expense of treatment and being out of work I am financially strapped. I would like to start a new career but I need a different degree to make this happen. Are there scholarships available for patients that are older?

Posted: 05 Apr 2012 03:43 PM
Originally Posted: 05 Apr 2012 03:29 PM
Left Button SpacerRight Button Spacer


Total Messages 92


Unfortunately, scholarships are very limited for non-traditional college students.  It is a great need that many of our survivors have.  However, most states have a vocational rehabilitation program that usually provides much support, including financial support, for individuals with a disability who need additional or retraining to enter the work force.  I am not sure which state you reside in, but in Texas the program is called, Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (DARS) and cancer survivors typically are eligible for their services.  Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like assistance in being referred to DARS.  Good luck.

Phone: 713-792-6194

Posted: 06 Apr 2012 11:08 AM
Originally Posted: 06 Apr 2012 11:03 AM
Left Button SpacerSend user an email email|View user's profile profileRight Button Spacer
Go to next topicNext Topic


Log In Options