By Sarah Watson, Staff Writer
Where can you:
A) Discover nuggets of M. D. Anderson history?
B) Be inspired by stories of courage and generosity?
C) Look up individual donors by name?
D) Find ways to get involved in Making Cancer History®?
E) Make your own financial contribution to the institution?
Three newly installed donor recognition kiosks on M. D. Anderson's main campus and south campus offer all of the above and more.
Launched recently as a project of our Development Office, the kiosks are standalone stations designed primarily to recognize the generosity of those who donate their time, energy and financial resources to M. D. Anderson.
Recognition categories include the:
• Nine giving levels of the Annual Fund
• Anderson Assembly
• Monroe Dunaway Anderson Society
• Advance Team
• University Cancer Foundation Board of Visitors
• Creators of endowed positions
You'll find the kiosks on Floor 2 of Alkek Hospital near Kim's Place, Floor 2 of Mays Clinic next to the aquarium across from the Blood Donor Center, and at the cafeteria entrance in South Campus Research Building II. Each is equipped with comfortable seating, computer keyboards and interactive monitors with 20-inch screens. At the top of each kiosk is a large screen displaying video footage from M. D. Anderson's advertising campaign.
The kiosk computer application resides on a secure environment on M. D. Anderson's network. While it's not set up for surfing the World Wide Web, it does afford users access to information about M. D. Anderson's donors and the research and patient care initiatives they support, links to publications and the opportunity to donate online. The Alkek Hospital installment is a double unit with room for two people to access the system at once.
The kiosks' design includes several interactive elements such as the ability to subscribe to M. D. Anderson publications, make an online donation and send the online giving link to a personal e-mail account.
The kiosks also have a feature that allows users to search for donors by name or giving category and to identify companies with matching gift policies. Users can learn about M. D. Anderson by perusing a historical timeline of institutional milestones. They also can read about our research and patient care programs as well as access updated stories of patients, donors and volunteers. A clickable donor giving map is available for a quick glimpse of donor contributions and number of patients M. D. Anderson has served, state by state.
The online credit card process is the same as the online donation form at www.mdanderson.org/gifts. Kiosk users may e-mail the link to a personal e-mail account from the kiosk or pick up a donation envelope at the kiosk and drop the donation in the mail.
Our Donors Really Do Make a Difference
By Sarah Watson, Staff Writer
Connect on social media
- Four-time cancer survivor: "It's never too late to quit smoking"
- How I knocked out acoustic neuroma
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia patient gets the chance to be a kid at MD Anderson
- Melanoma survivor: "Don't live like a patient"
- "Now" is always a good time to quit smoking
- Camp prom gives teen cancer patients a taste of normalcy
- Facing my second squamous cell carcinoma diagnosis
- Keeping intimacy alive: Advice for cancer patients
- Brain stem tumor survivor: "Take it one day at a time"
- Rhabdomyosarcoma and osteoblastic osteosarcoma survivor: "Don't let cancer shut you down"
- Cancer Prevention (148)
- Cancer Research (165)
- Education (71)
- Patient Care (378)
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Strategic Industry Ventures
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal and Policy
- Legal Statements & Site Policies